Planning for Blended or Online Delivery
Incorporate a Learning Design
- Explore the ABC Learning Design framework.
- If you want to plan at the programme level, then consider the Carpediem approach: See our Blended Futures webinar on Carpediem.
Provide equal opportunity to succeed
- Be mindful of the educational needs of diverse and variable learners. The Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework is an excellent resource to help improve and optimise teaching and learning for all people based on scientific insights into how humans learn. Please refer to the UDL Guidelines while planning.
Content organisation planning
- ‘Chunking’ your content by creating small blocks or units that do not require extensive scrolling from students to get through.
- Use ‘Site announcements’ in Moodle courses for module or programme communications
- Setup Moodle Forums
- Setting up appointments with students in Moodle scheduler
- Setup a Module Group in Microsoft Teams
- Use Panopto to introduce yourself and the teaching team
- Netiquette guidance for students and staff
- Blended Webinar: Using Microsoft Teams for enabling student community and communications
- Chunking your content by creating small blocks or units that do not require extensive scrolling from students to get through.
- Include information about yourself, such as your name, credentials, and optionally other non-academic interests such as hobbies, favourite books or movies.
- Ask students to create a short video introduction of themselves.